Select your version of Windows below and follow the steps to turn on the extended display. Similar to tabs, you can also switch between multiple windows using keyboard shortcuts. Press Alt + Tab and open any window instantly. Place your mouse in an empty area at the top of any open window. Long-press the left mouse button, and drag the window to the left half of the screen.
- If you are working on a smaller screen, this method may not work well for you.
- In other words, you need to perform a factory reset.
- There are several ways to initiate a reset in Windows 10, depending on what you need to do.
- FREE Windows backup software to protect personal data.
You may have to change the boot sequence in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not enabled. The computer will reboot and take you to the Choose an option screen. In Command Prompt window typesystemreset -factoryreset and then simplyEnter. So, the next method on how to Factory Reset Windows 10 is by using Command prompt, and that is relatively easy too. The reset version will improve your PC performance and speed for sure. If you choose to Keep my Files,your files will be unaffected.
Preparation Pre-installation Install Windows 10
This is one of the most effective ways to reset a PC on Windows 10 using Installation media. With this workaround, you are installing a fresh copy of Windows OS & wipe out everything else. For better understanding, follow our step by step guide to using Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool. Depending on your Windows version, there are different ways to reset laptop & desktop.
It is a perfect environment for multitasking. If you want to split your screen into four parts, you can do so with Windows 10. The process is easy and works with most applications, including browsers, file managers, and more. To use the split screen feature, first enable span windows.
If that’s the case, don’t try to do anything until you see a message saying the restore has finished. Under the Recovery section of Update & Securityyou can now hit ‘Get started‘ to begin the process. During this you can select if you would like to keep files or do a full reset. If you’ve decided to remove everything, select whether to perform a secure erase of your files. This will only show if you selected “Remove everything” in the previous step.Choose Just remove my files if you are keeping the computer.
3) On your keyboard, press the Windows logo key Download Here and type recovery. 6) Press the power button to turn on your computer, then, before the Windows logo appears, repeatedly press the Recovery Key on your keyboard. If you find the recovery partition, proceed with the instructions below.